For some of these publications a pdf copy is available for download. To locate these, click on the title of the publication. The Adobe Acrobot icon appears in the top right corner of the header if a copy is available. Click this for the copy.
- Miall A (2012): A new uniformitarianism: stratigraphy as just a set of “frozen accidents". - Preprint. - In preparation for Geological Society of London Symposium "Strata and Time", September 2012. .
- Miall A (2012): Sophisticated Stratigraphy. - Preprint. - In prep. for Geological Society of America, 125th Anniversary Volume.
- Miall AD (2011): A Phanerozoic Time Chart for Canada. Geoscience Canada, 38:135-140.
- Miall C & Miall A (2011): Misconceptions regarding climate change and energy: challenges for social policy development. In: Gill, S., and Dhawan, RK (ed.): New Directions in Canadian Studies, pp. 61-80, Vedanta Books, New Delhi.
- Bryant G & Miall A (2010): Diverse products of near-surface sediment mobilization in an ancient eolianite: outcrop features of the Early Jurassic Navajo Sandstone. Basin Research, 22:578-590.
- Miall AD (2010): Alluvial deposits. In: James, N. P., and Dalrymple, R. W., (ed.): Facies Models 4, pp. 105-137, Geological Association of Canada, St. John's, Newfoundland, 4th edition. GEOtext 6.
- Catuneanu O, Abreub V, Bhattacharya JP, Blum MD, Dalrymple RW, Eriksson PG, Fielding CR, Fisher WL, Galloway WE, Gibling MR, Giles KA, Holbrook JM, Jordan R, Kendall CG, Macurda B, Martinsen OJ, Miall AD, Neal JE, Nummedal D, Pomar L, Posamentier HW, Pratt BR, Sarg JF, Shanley KW, Steel RJ, Strasser A, Tucker ME & Winker C (2009): Towards the standardization of sequence stratigraphy. EARTH-SCIENCE REVIEWS, 92(1-2):1-33.
- Miall AD (2009): Initiation of the Western Interior foreland basin. GEOLOGY, 37(4):383-384.
- Miall AD (2009): The Geoscience of Climate and Energy: An Introduction. GEOSCIENCE CANADA, 36(1):32.
- Miall AD & Miall CE (2009): The Geoscience of Climate and Energy 1. Understanding the Climate System, and the Consequences of Climate Change for the Exploitation and Management of Natural Resources: The View from Banff. GEOSCIENCE CANADA, 36(1):33-41.
- Yang Y & Miall AD (2009): Evolution of the northern Cordilleran foreland basin during the middle Cretaceous. GEOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA BULLETIN, 121(3-4):483-501.
- Miall CE & Miall AD (2008): Canada-wide Survey of Earth Scientists: A Preliminary Report on the State of the Discipline, the Fossil Fuel Industries and Environmental Science. GEOSCIENCE CANADA, 35(1):32-41.
- Yang Y & Miall A (2008): Marine transgression in the Mid-Cretaceous of the Cordilleran foreland basin reinterpreted as orogenic unloading deposits. Bulletin of Canadian Petroleum Geology, 56:179-198.
- Eyles N & Miall A (2007): Canada Rocks: The Geologic Journey. Fitzhenry and Whiteside, Toronto. - 512 p.
- Miall A & Miall C (2004): Empiricism and model-building: around the hermeneutic circle in the pursuit of stratigraphic correlation. Stratigraphy, 1(1):27-46.
- Miall CE & Miall AD (2002): The Exxon Factor: The roles of corporate and academic science in the emergence and legitimation of a new global model of sequence stratigraphy. SOCIOLOGICAL QUARTERLY, 43:307–334.
- Miall AD & Miall CE (2001): Sequence stratigraphy as a scientific enterprise: the evolution and persistence of conflicting paradigms. EARTH-SCIENCE REVIEWS, 54:321–348.